Sunday, November 7, 2010

What can she possibly have to say?

I am at a loss for words. Life is just comfortable, nothing too crazy going on, and most of the time I think to myself, is there anything I could say that would really be interesting? That and my lack of photographs make for one very dull blog. I am not having babies, I am not off on some new adventure in a different state or country, and I am not the kind of person who has random unplanned adventures on a regular basis. I am practical, predictable and all around normal.

So, here are the few things I can tell you

-Starting my new job tomorrow, going to be commuting two times a week. I am going to be staying in SLC on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights, and coming home Wednesday and the weekend.

-My work is right next to IKEA, and with the way I love that store I am going to really rock out our new little space in Scott's grandfathers house. We are going to move into his home in a couple weeks, occupying two of the rooms in the vacated upstairs region of the house. It needs serious tlc, so we are starting our renovating next saturday. We are going to remove the wallpaper, paint the walls, windows, etc., get new carpet in the bedroom (replacing the seriously outdated pink shag carpet) and then I am going to be doing lots of interior decorating. I am going to make my own headboard, pillows and window coverings, and maybe make a few more crafty things to decorate with. Getting pretty darn excited about it too.

-Not much else to say, just planning on living out of my car half the week (well, sleeping at my grandparent's houses) and I have food, clothing and overnight stuff in my trunk, all organized in bins, very neatly. Also arming myself with books on cd for the drive, my first commuting pick: The Penderwicks on Gardham Street. My good friend Mandy loved these books, and I trust her literary judgement, so heres to enjoying my drives!

Glad the holidays are coming up, not much on my wishlist, so far I want a bento box lunch set, a CHI hair straightener and a new Northface jacket. I know, so exciting...maybe I need to throw in a must have toy for the season, or a gift card to IKEA.....that would rock.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What's your new job Loo?

Karissa said...

You'll be working in the Salt Lake Valley? Congrat on the new job! Sorry you have to commute so far though. Maybe me, you, and Ashley should have some type of girls night or something when you're down here to make being out here more fun for you!