Monday, May 16, 2011

Busy Bees

We finally moved to Salt Lake- we have everything unpacked and the apartment is looking really great. We took Brad and Mandy to Ikea last weekend and got everything else we needed, plus some, including three bookshelves for Scott and I and our collection (but really, mostly Scott's collection).

We also got to spend the day at Liberty Park which was a lot of fun, and we found a new sushi restaurant with 50% off sushi all day every day. We got 5 amazing rolls for under $30, and that was getting all fancy rolls, a simple tuna roll cost 2.00 so you could really go cheap if you wanted to. I also got my Costco membership and have been using it a bit more than I probably should, but who can pass up Spinach Artichoke Dip and Sweet Potato Fries?! I mean, c'mon Costco, you have hooked me with your a-little-bit-cheaper-than-Smith's Bolthouse Smoothies and Various Assorted Cheeses- HAVARTI, I love Havarti- and you knew it. So just about $300 later and two weeks into our apartment, we are stocked up and the freezer is protesting. (I used some mad tetris skills to get it all in there)

We are doing great though, having a fantastic time. We have already watched the first season of Three's Company (sounds impressive but since there were only six 30 minute episodes the first season, it is a pretty minor accomplishment) and are super excited for our Jack-Chrissie-Janet lifestyle. For those of you who aren't clued in, my very wonderful and lovely friend Mandy has so graciously moved in with Scott and I and we are all being roommates to save a bit of money in expensive Salt Lake (compared to Logan- which is dirt cheap) and to have a lot of fun. Scott and Mandy keep each other company while I am at work, and Mandy will keep me company in the fall when Scott commutes to Logan. We all enjoy games, food and fun. Most people think it is weird, but it works for us, we all get along quite well and this will be a great temporary situation for all of us while we get our feet fresh out of college.

Work is still going really well, I feel very blessed to have found a job in this economy with such a great company. Scott is still trucking along with psychology, loves every minute of it, and is working to find volunteer opportunities this Summer because with all of the events in our lives there is no way he can get a job, but we are fine financially with my job, so him building up his resume a bit more will work just great.

I am not kidding about the busy Summer part- I was thinking about it this morning, and our new church members are going to either forget we ever existed from our first few attendances, or they will think we have gone inactive. We have family reunions, weddings, baby showers, vacations, etc. It is going to be a lot of fun, but literally almost every weekend is planned from now until August. With my new camera in tote I will be sure to document all of these events and more, and hopefully, by the end of the Summer I will be a better blogger. Considering where my starting point is at, I don't have to reach too far to achieve that goal, but hey- if you set low expectations you can't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm going to come and knock on your door...

Unknown said...

Chica! Come play with us!? Where at in SLC are you? I'm excited :)

R.C.Lord said...

You thought you could just disappear out of my world? Glad I found you what are you doing now hope your move went smooth :) I feel abandoned lol connect with me on FB roz-lord@yahoo.com e-mail me or somthing i would like to know what you doing now because you are so good at what you do :)