Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm Engaged!!!

So it is finally official. We finally caught up with all the wedding details and temple dates, and now I have a gorgeous ring on my finger and I am getting married in August.

Last night our families met, we all went to dinner at The Joy Luck in Bountiful. It is a chinese restaurant, and where we are thinking of having our dinner/reception. I am pretty sure I have made up my mind, because the food was awesome! Scott really liked the Mango Chicken, and I thought both the Garlic and Honey Walnut Shrimps were awesome. It's getting exciting :)

So the proposal was nice, I knew it was coming, but it really was perfect. I don't do cheesey well, and this wasn't cheesey, just very sweet. We drove down to Bountiful early because Scott was "craving something" and I guessed right away it was Nelson's Frozen Custard. Then I figured he was going to go to Muir, I thought to myself, "If I was the one proposing, I would go to Muir." So after eating our custard, he made me get blindfolded, and then he drove the back route to our elementary school. He walked me out to the top of the hill that overlooks our school, and then we laid down a blanket (he let me take off the blindfold at this point), and then he asked me to marry him with my gorgeous ring and a lovely bouquet of roses. It was very nice.

We took lots of photos, I will post them when he gets around to loading them :)

1 comment:

Forever Fitch Family said...

AH!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! Very fun proposal.