Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Perpetual Catch-up

I always seem to be the biggest slacker when it comes to actually sitting down and writing to cyber-space. I am a tad better when it comes to writing in my journal, but not by much.

Scott and I are back in Logan, and should be here for another 2 years or so, depending on what Scott decides to do for his masters program. We are currently living with my In-Laws, because they are going to Europe for a few weeks, and we are going to fill in as cook, maid, and part-time babysitters. The last part not so much, but we are in charge of making sure Grandpa Murray, who lives next door, takes his pills and has food to eat. It is nice to have the free rent, but I am also finding myself a tad anxious to get our own space again. This Summer with my family was fantastic, and it was great for them to get to know Scott better and vice-versa, but it was just the right amount of time, and we were definitely ready to move out when the end of Summer came. Scott missed his family, and while I love my family dearly, I love having my own space. So, we have about 8 or so weeks living here while Mom and Dad K. are gone, and then we will hopefully be moving into a nice upgrade from our last apartment. I check KSL religiously, even though I know I will not be able to put down a deposit on anything for a month or two, but I just like knowing what the general outlay of the apartment world looks like right now.

I have been given a wonderful opportunity by a close family friend to help her with her accounting business and it has been such a blessing. She is so flexible, the work is from home, and it is something that, if all goes well, I could do for many years to help fill in the gaps of our expensive perpetual student lifestyles. I have also been looking for a full time job, putting in applications everywhere I can, and finally got a call back from Avalon Hills, a eating disorder treatment center here in the valley. This was the first job I applied for back in August, and I had totally given up hope they were going to contact me, but they did, and I have my interview today. I am really excited by the prospect, and I seriously hope that I can get the job. The pay isn't glamorous, but I think it would be a really worthwhile opportunity, and something I could really poor my heart into. I like the idea of enjoying my work, and not just doing something begrudgingly, selling my soul for another 2 or 3 bucks on hour.

Scott and I are doing really well. We have been trying to be more conscious about spending time with each other, going on dates, and all out just remembering to still court each other. It seems to have helped the last few weeks, to remember how much fun we can have together, and that life doesn't have to be so stuffy and productive all the time. He has been planning some really fun dates, and says he has a really great one planned for later this week, so I will let you know about how that goes later on.

Oh before I go, I really should give a little update on the cruise we took with my family. We had so so much fun, and we were able to spend some really great moments with each other. We ate fantastic food, got to do an amazing adventure excursion with lots of zip lines and repelling, and we saw some great shows on the ship. We played games and cards, relaxed and really just had the best time as a family. I am so grateful my parents were able to do this for us, and I love them so much, it will be a trip we will remember and reflect on for a long time to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey sweetheart, did you get the job at the eating disorder facility? How's everything else going this year? I am jealous about the dates and courting each other. We SO need to do better at that...but we do try. Dang busy schedules haha. But good work babe, and thanks for the sweet comment. You're a gem :) I'm glad you're so close...compared to Cali anyway. Let's get together again soon, eh? Love you sweetie, have a great day!

Karissa said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog! It sounds like you guys are doing great too! Good luck on the job and apartment hunt!